As COVID-19 continues to spread across the U.S. and around the world, the vast majority of people are taking the recommended precautions, such as thorough hand washing and social distancing. It’s also important to take care of yourself and your family on an emotional level during this time, especially if you have children. Reduce your stress and boost your family’s morale with this comprehensive list of COVID-19 resources from Fertility Counseling Center, Inc. The list features everything from advice on how to talk to your kids about COVID-19 to self-care to activities that will keep your kids busy.
HELPING CHILDREN AND TEENS UNDERSTAND:
- What Parents Need to Know about COVID-19 (NCH)
- Explaining COVID-19 for children
- A Comic Exploring COVID-19
- Talking with teens and Tweens
Great article for adults to help with talking to kids about coronavirus
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
Audio story for kids, plus printable comic strip
Excellent list of videos, songs, and show segments from Daniel Tiger to Sesame Street helping with way to keep kids safe and healthy
Free, printable social story about the Coronavirus
- Center for Disease Control – Stress and Coping during COVID-19
- Ten Percent Happier – free access to app to all healthcare workers
- Parenting during COVID-19
- Anxiety (self and family)
- Preparation and Response Plan; National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI HelpLine
- SAMHSA (tips and support for all ages)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or by texting TalkWithUS 66746
ACTIVITIES AT HOME:
- Music and Dance from Go Noodle
- Podcasts for kids
- Giant list of activities courtesy of Princess Awesome & Boy Wonder
LEARNING AT HOME:
- Khan Academy (complete with structured schedule for all grades)
- Reading Comprehension Lessons:
- National Geographic Kids
- Exploring Geography and maps
- Dr. Seuss Reading and games
- K-8 Learning Games
- Science and STEM videos
- 12 Museums offering virtual tours
- Learn new skills
- Classes for Ages 3-18 (small group video chats available)
kidsactivitiesblog.com It has different science experiments, virtual tours of museums around the world, cheap and easy dinner ideas, how to make your own hand sanitizer, and the list goes on!
Educational Activities and Podcasts:
learnincolor.com It has over 75 educational activities to do at home, top 10 podcasts for kids, Ancient Egypt books for kids, Science Movies and Documentaries for students, Black History Month movies for kids and teens, American Revolutionary War books for kids, American Civil War books for kids, and the list goes on!
YouTube Channels for shows
homeschoolhideout.com This has over 100 Educational Shows on Amazon Prime, homeschool curriculum, over 150 educational YouTube channels and more.
Cincinnati Zoo has a facebook live event every day at 3pm!
This is the museum tours from around the world!
Smithsonian Virtual Tour
This is an entire list of Education Companies offering free subscriptions due to schools closing
McHarper Manor will be live DAILY with FREE art tutorials to keep spirits up, families engaged and creativity flowing.
Over 30 Virtual Field Trips!
Historical movies for kids 6-12
Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of FREE books, websites and more.
No internet, no problem:
For students without internet, call Spectrum at 1-844-488-8398 – to access free internet services during the school shutdown.