Surrogate Mother Requirements
Qualifications of a Surrogate
West Coast Surrogacy conducts an intensive and thorough screening process before a woman is able to join our surrogacy program and become a gestational carrier. These requirements are necessary to ensure a healthy and happy surrogacy experience. To qualify as a surrogate candidate, you must:
- Be 22 - 40 years old
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a non-smoker in excellent health
- Be within a healthy height and weight ratio
- Have a healthy reproductive history; having given birth to at least one child that you are raising
- Have had all births occurring at 36 weeks+ gestation or later (unless a multiple pregnancy) without complications
- Not be receiving state or federal financial aid
- Be willing to undergo subcutaneous and intramuscular injections
- Be willing to undergo a background check (husband/partner needs to as well)
- Be willing to undergo a psychological consultation
We are looking for women who truly want to help others fulfill their wish of becoming parents. Therefore, surrogate hopefuls are required to attend multiple staff interviews, receive psychological clearance, provide all official medical records from previous pregnancies along with a current pap smear, and submit to a full background investigation, including a search of both federal and state criminal records. It is our role at West Coast Surrogacy to screen potential candidates to ensure that you begin your journey with an intended parent or couple with ease and certainty knowing that you are a highly qualified and motivated surrogate ready to share in the commitment and joy in giving birth to their baby.
Learn more about the surrogate mother requirements:
If you have any questions about the qualifications and requirements to be a surrogate mother, please contact West Coast Surrogacy.